WESTWOOD GOLF CLUB
1. A player shall seek the consent of a fellow competitor or opponent before applying a local rule.
2. Out of Bounds
A ball is out of bounds;
a) When it lies outside the boundaries of the course
b) When part of the ball lies on or beyond the marked line (From the red post situated by the ladies tee) for the full length of the hole past the 12th green.
c) When it lies beyond the white posts to the rear of the 9th green.
d) When it lies beyond the white posts to the rear of the 16th green.
e) When it lies beyond the white posts to the rear of the 18th green.
f) When it lies on or in the Club House.
g) When it lies beyond the hedge on the 13th, 15th and 16th.
Rule 27 applies.
3. Water Hazards
All areas marked with yellow posts are designated water hazards, (The river infront of the 11th Gents tee is a water hazard, not a lateral water hazard).
4. Lateral Water Hazard
All areas marked with red posts are designated as lateral water hazards.
Note; The margin of the water hazards and lateral water hazards are defined as follows;
Where all of the ball lies on or beyond the marked lines.
5. Staked Trees
A ball must be dropped within one club length of the nearest point of relief but not nearer the hole (without penalty).
6. Stones in bunkers are moveable obstructions.
7. All seats, sprinkler heads, valve covers, gravel, astroturf or wood chip paths and 150yd markers are immovable obstruction and relief from interference by them may be obtained.
8. All sheds, stores, ramps to bridges and bridges are integral parts of the course and no relief is allowed except under penalty.
9. When playing from the 17th tee, a ball which strikes the power lines crossing the 17th fairway must be replayed from the tee, without penalty.
10. The stone wall on the 1st tee is an integral part of the course and no relief is allowed except under penalty.
11. The stone wall (remains of the old bridge) on hole 14 is an integral part of the course and no relief is allowed except under penalty.
12. The shrubs near the 6th tee, near the bridge on 10 and behind the 16th tee are classed as G.U.R, and relief maybe taken without penalty (one club length from the nearest point of relief).
13. Electronic distance measuring devices can be used on the course.
14. The provided areas must be used for all practice. Practicing or playing two balls on the course is strictly against Club rules.
A plugged ball may be lift cleaned and dropped without penalty if plugged in the fairway or first cut of rough. The ball must be clearly marked before lifted.
You must seek permission from your playing partners before taking relief.
TEMPORARY LOCAL RULES WILL BE POSTED ON THE NOTICE BOARD